The famous Larapinta Trail extends for over 223km’s along the backbone of the West MacDonnell Ranges in Central Australia and is divided into 12 sections. Commencing at the Old Telegraph Station on the outskirts of Alice Springs, the trail meanders through many ancient river beds, sheltered gorges and stunning waterholes, climbing steeply over the rugged ranges with numerous stunning vantage points to take in the spectacular landscape. The Larapinta takes in a variety of desert habitats before rewarding trekkers with 360° views from Mount Sonder – the highest point marking the end of the Trail.
- Our walking tours are fully guided with experienced and passionate guides.
- Key attractions of the region include Simpsons Gap, Ellery Creek Big Hole, Ormiston Gorge and Glen Helen
- Itineraries range from 5 to 14 days and encompass either highlights of the trail or the full 12 sections.
- All walks are fully supported by our ground crew meaning you only have to carry a day pack.
- Walks are fully inclusive – meals, camping equipment, pre tour accommodation in Alice Springs.
The Larapinta Trail is a true wilderness experience full of Cultural richness and beauty with stunning fauna and flora, spectacular sunrises and sunsets, a great personal challenge and something you will not forget for a very long time.